Search This Blog

Monday, March 07, 2011

So many projects, so little time...

I have so many projects that I want to do.  I am like a kid in a toy store whenever I see the words "FREE PATTERNS".  I can't resist clicking on the link and looking at every pattern, and of course then I have to view the yarn that it recommends.  How will I ever do all the projects I would love to do????  And the next question is what will I do with all the projects I want to do if I ever do them?  For example, I love to make baby things, blankets, booties, sweaters... but I don't have any more grand kids that are babies or know anyone likely to have babies... oh wait, my oldest grandson just turned 18 today.  Gee I could make a hope chest up for when he gets married and has kids (uhh, I really don't want to rush him, he really needs to wait a few lot more years to do all that). 
I also love to make things for my little dog, Tuffy, but how many sweaters can a little dog wear in FL?  I have knitted him a bed also but I think my next project for him is a sofa seat, kinda like a little square afghan for him (we have fairly new furniture and we prefer it to stay that way so for now I lay a towel down so he can be up beside me on the love seat).  He just loves anything "yarny" so he will enjoy a little afghan all his own to lay on and it will also match and look nice with the furniture. 
See there I go again.  I am currently making 2 different things (yes, I have to have more than one thing to work on at a time).  I am knitting a quick and easy sweater, and crocheting an afghan for the living room.  I also have one UFO to finish.  A UFO is an unfinished project if you are wondering.  Yet I am dreaming about what stitch to make Tuffy's afghan with and also searching for just the right shade of green to make me another sweater to wear with a certain skirt, and oh that was the cutest baby pattern that I downloaded from Knitting Fever.com
What do I do so I don't lose all the great patterns and projects for future use?
If I really love the pattern I download and print it out and put it into my TO DO Binder.  I bought a big 3" binder and page protectors to slip the patterns into.  Then I divided them up into sections like baby, socks, toys, sweaters etc...
Then when I need a new project to start I can flip through it and quickly find something.  I find it much easier than trying to remember where I saw that cute pattern last month.  I also bookmark all my favorite websites that have great free patterns.  I will attempt to share these with you in the PATTERNS AND YARN LINKS on the side of this page.
Oh if you want to see the baby pattern I was referring to from Knitting Fever Inc.  
the pattern can be found at http://www.knittingfever.com/c/leaflet/10173/.

No comments:

Post a Comment