Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Project Finished!

It is always so gratifying to finish a project, especially one that you thought would take you months to do.  It makes one want to jump up and crow so stand back 'cause I'm gonna jump and crow now.


A few posts ago I showed you my WIP afghan and today I am showing the finished project.
All done and in record time for me.  I don't remember exactly when I started it but I think it was about the 1st of March and yes that was this year 2011.  It went so fast I couldn't believe it.  I used  the Red Heart Super Saver yarns in coffee. burgundy, gold and buff colors and a very simple pattern that I got from Bernat that is called Bernat Super Value Granny Blanket (to crochet).
I believe you have to sign up for their free patterns but it is free and a great source for patterns.  The Bernat yarn is also very good yarn, I just already had the Red Heart and was trying to use from my stash.  I wandered a little bit from the pattern as I usually do on anything I make, by not making it as large as the pattern called for (of course that made it a faster finish) and I also added my own edging.  I really didn't want a very large afghan as I already have one, and the added edge just seemed to finish it off just right.
The edging was very simple.  I started at a corner space by chaining 3 and 4 dc, then made a chain 3 picot, then dc five more times with a total of 10 dc in the corner space with the little picot in the middle. I sc in the next space and then 7 dc in the next space, repeating around and doing all the corner spaces the same.  Here is a close up so you can see how it turned out.

I am very happy how it turned out and will try it out this evening.  I have washed it and dried it in the dryer and it is soooo soft now.  I will have to fight with little Tuffy for it if I don't make him a matching little seat size one soon.
Now to get back to my other WIP oh and I also found a UFO lurking way back in the cupboard that I have to finish too!

Have a yarny day,
                                 =^..^=

PS:  A UFO, if you were wondering, is an Un-finished Object.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment