Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Favorite Sweater Pattern

I have been knitting and crocheting for about 45 years and I have made many things in that time.  I will admit that most of the things that I have made went as gifts or to charities but I have kept and worn some myself.  Some of the things like sweaters and hats don't get worn very often simply because of the climate here in FL.  I am thankful for them when I have to travel northward in the winter time though.
I have made a few sweaters that were said to be for spring or summer, but they are really only wearable in the fall and winter down here. One of them is a sleeveless pattern made with a cotton DK weight yarn and still is uncomfortably warm if the temperature gets above 78 degrees so of course I don't wear it much.  
There is however one sweater that I made in the last couple of years that I have worn more than anything I ever made for myself.  I would like to share it with you today so here it is.

I love the neckline and also how feminine it looks.  I have never worn it without someone complimenting on how pretty it is. 
The pattern is from the September 2009 edition of Creative Knitting Magazine page 28, and was designed by Ann E. Smith.  It is called Lacy Denim Cardigan.
I used Bernat Baby Sport yarn in soft yellow.  It is 100% acrylic and machine washable and dryable which is always a plus for me.
I really don't know if it is the pattern or the yarn that makes it so comfortable to wear or the combination of the two but I do love it and just had to share it.
Have a great day and Yarn On!!
                                                   =^..^=


2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful sweater, Sue! The color is so soft and the yarn weight looks like it suits it to a "T" I love it and am going to try to find the pattern to make it myself. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx for visiting my little blog - and YES, get your shuttles out ; ) We all need a break!

    ReplyDelete