Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Of Mice and Men

My oldest grandson has turned 18, and I can't figure out where the time went.  I was looking through the old pictures of him when he was little and came across this picture of his 7th birthday.
  OMG Isn't he just the cutest little guy!!!   Okay I got it out of my system now, I won't bore you with anymore adoring grandma talk.
I really am trying to draw your attention to the cute little mouse he is holding. 
The story is that he and I went to see the movie Stuart Little and I wanted to give him something very special for his birthday. I was looking through all my old WorkBasket magazines to find a sweater to make him and I saw a pattern for a mouse that really resembled Stuart Little. The light bulb went on and I decided that this was something I could make him that would always remind him of the fun we had that day at the movie.



The pattern was in the the August 1987 Workbasket magazine on page 12 and was called Mr. and Mrs. Mouse.
It is crocheted with worsted weight yarn and the pattern says that it is about 14" tall.  I don't think mine turned out quite that big but I may have shortened him somewhere, I don't remember how much I strayed from the pattern.
He really turned out great but even though I searched for weeks, I was never able to find a little red race car to set him in.




Here is Stuart Little today and oh yeah that other guy is my incredibly handsom grandson!!!!  Sorry that just slipped out.
If you would like anymore information about this pattern you can email me and I will be glad to help if I can.

Happy Crafting!
                                      >^..^<

No comments:

Post a Comment