Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Wednesday's WIP

This week has gone by so fast already.  I meant to keep blogging everyday but life keeps getting in the way. 

Sunday I had trouble with my wireless router and had to spend and hour and ten minutes on the phone to India, trying to get that worked out.  By the time I got back online my hubby had come home from his weekend away at hunt camp so of course I couldn't just ignore him. 

Monday I just don't even remember, other than I did knit a lot because I finished the back of my sweater I am trying to get finished by Easter. 

Tuesday I was very rudely awakened at 6:30 AM by the weather alert radio going off saying our area was under a tornado watch.  That got me up and I thought that I would get some early knitting in but our little dog Tuffy seemed to think that nothing should come between us when there is stormy, noisy weather going on.  It did finally clear up around 1 PM and turned into a gorgeous afternoon.  However something got my back muscles to spasm (this happens when I get too tense) and for the rest of the evening I had to fore go knitting and just lay on the heat/vibrator to relax my muscles.  It took all night and into this morning before I started to finally get back to normal.

So today now that I have dishes washed, clothes washed and folded and before I have to start supper, I thought I had better try to squeeze in a few words and let you see how far along I am with my green sweater that I mentioned in the Dust Bunny post.


In the Green Sweater pattern from Creative Knitting Magazine July 2008
I have finished the back and have started on the front.  I have about 41/2 - 5 inches so far and about 20" or so to go.  And of course the sleeves.  I am not going to make them quite as long as it shows them in the pattern picture.  It shows them as just above the elbow but I want mine to be midway between the shoulder and elbow.  Other than that the pattern is just great.  I haven't had to make any changes or had any trouble following the pattern at all.  It really is going faster than I expected on the little #5 needles (gee that sounds familiar, I must have said that already before).

I may just get it squeaked in by Easter if I don't have any set backs.  Of course in a few more weeks the weather will probably be so hot I won't be able to stand to go outside in it. At least the pattern stitch isn't lacy so I won't have to wear a slip/camisole under it.

Now if I could just figure out what to have for supper tonight.........

TTFN  >^..^<




No comments:

Post a Comment