Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Things Going On

I knit or crochet every day. I don't feel right if I am sitting and have nothing in my hands to work on so even though I am not fast I do finish several things a week if they are small projects.

Those are my favorite, the small projects. I guess that is why I love to knit or crochet dishcloths, doilies, socks, toys, Barbie clothes ...
In the last month I made several Barbie clothes and knit about 8 or more pairs of socks (I lost count and gave them away as soon as I made them), made Purple Kitty, and well that is all I can think of at the moment. Here are pics of some of the items.

This pair was made with Sockotta yarn and just a basic pattern. After I knit about 2 pairs of socks I realized that you can use any stitch pattern you want as long as you can correspond it with the amount of stitches you use.


I made these with Wildflower D. K. Fancy. I had this yarn left over from knitting my granddaughter a little dress several years ago. It makes a nice thick sock that is machine washable yet warm for her (she lives up north).

I actually only just learned to knit socks with dp needles 2 months ago. It was driving me crazy that I couldn't figure it out on my own (I've been knitting since I was 10 years old) so I finally gave in and went to my local yarn shop and had them teach me. I went home that night and haven't stopped making socks since. I have a list of friends, family and neighbors shoe sizes so I can give them away as I make them. I am considering making some for charity also.

These are made with some of my scraps. I didn't have the label anymore and don't remember what the yarn was other than it was sport weight.

I really had fun making these. I used more scrap yarn, DK weight I think, but instead of a plain stockingnet stitch I used a lacey fern stitch. This got me into looking for more lacey pattern stitches I could use and come up with this website

I have gotten a book from the public library that I really like that is Socks Socks Socks,
edited by Elaine Rowley, Published by Alexis Yiorgos Xenakis, 1999 XRX, Inc.
This pair is my current project and it is a Cats Paw pattern using Aunt Lydia's Double Strand cotton.
I am almost through with this pair and then the agony of what to do next. Maybbbeeee I should work on my UFOs! I have an unfinished sweater that just needs to be sown together, actually I have two like that. I also have a shawl that is about 3/4 done.
Will get back to you with more later >^..^<

No comments:

Post a Comment